Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 37!

I'll just list a few things before I forget (since my appointment was this morning). I weigh 140, so hovering at that 22 lbs still. My blood pressure is good and I'm measuring right on schedule! I am 1 cm dilated and very "soft" and effaced. Also, I am GBS NEGATIVE! BIG YAH!!!!! So, on Sunday I will begin my regimen again to stay negative for her arrival =)! Oh, Shelly also said I would be a good candidate for home birth bc everything looks so wonderful. She said, "in the future," but was she hinting something?! I told her if this one goes really well I may consider that for a third ;). The clock over there says 22 days! I'm in shock....

One bit of bad news is my Midwife (whom I have seen for 8.5 months) is leaving =(. I am not sure why, because she didn't tell me, but I found out upon scheduling my appointment for next week. The desk clerk says, "you will be meeting our new Midwife, Kelly, next week!" WHAT?! Thanks for letting me know so nonchalantly! Anyway, I'm trying not to freak about it because there wasn't really a guarantee I would have delivered with Shelly anyway. SO, fingers and toes crossed that the new Midwife will be just as exceptional and just as cool. If I hold out to 40 weeks I'll have 3 weeks to get to know her. If she is awful I guess I'll just go with Dr. Shutzer if I can?! Who knows. Again, trying not to get wrapped around the axle because there is nothing I can do about it.

Anyway, those are short stats. I might add more to this post tomorrow because it is getting late. I toss and turn now all night long, so I need to get to bed at a decent hour in order to get any sleep whatsoever. Oh, appointment with the Doula Friday =). So hopefully that will be encouraging!

1 comment:

  1. Midwife changes at the end are hard. That happened with Ben (our midwife was called to reserve duty!). Praying you guys "click" and that things continue going so well. And congrats on the negative result! That always makes a momma feel more at peace.

    ReplyDelete