Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Week 36!



I can't believe I'm 36 weeks and almost full term! I feel like I just took the pregnancy test and strutted Gabriel around in his "Big Brother" shirt. Now we are at the end and I have a bit to get done still. All of which I could get done in a day, but will probably spread out to bide my time for the next few weeks. Stuff like packing our bags, writing a birth plan, making sure laundry is done, cleaning the house, putting in her car seat and washing our car, and hanging up her chandelier. Josh will have a "honey do list" when he is home for the next few weeks. I'm sure, knowing our procrastinator selves, we'll be doing this all very quickly close to her due date. All the necessary stuff is done in case she comes early. We have everything she could ever need all tucked away in her pretty lil room!

I went to the doctor today for my GBS test. Results to come in one week. For the next 10 days I'll be taking a break from Echinacea, but will start that again after 10 days is up. That is, I guess, as long as the test comes back negative next week. If it comes back positive I'll have to get antibiotics at birth anyway, so the garlic cloves can go away too! I'll also start Raspberry Tea Leaf and Primrose oil around 37/38 weeks. Gabriel came with me to my appointment and was such a good boy. He watched me get weighed in at 139, putting me at about 21 lbs gained (but I'll just say 22 because there was a point something). He also watched my finger get pricked and wanted his done too (obviously he really had no idea what happened, just wanted to be like mom!), and listened to Elizabeth's heartbeat. He always loves hearing her heartbeat! Baby is all he talked about on the way home. He also will put his hand on my belly now. I think he is finally getting it here at the end. It's adorable! I can't wait for him to see her. I hope he is more gentle with her, however, than he is with his cousin Michael whom he kicked and twisted his ear yesterday. Obviously he needs some guidance on how to treat a baby! He'll get plenty of experience here very shortly. Hope he is ready! Hope we all are for that matter!

Well, I have to drive to Raleigh for two -wait 3 because another just confirmed- appointments. Life isn't slowing down here at the end. Just holding on and enjoying this ride! It is bumpy with the heart burn/acid reflux and no sleep, but I'm also enjoying it very much. Having a baby inside is a true miracle of life!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love you & can't wait to meet Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can start RRL tea as soon as you're out of your first trimester---no need to wait till 37 weeks! It's very nourishing and tones the uterus. It doesn't induce labor :)

    ReplyDelete