Thursday, March 31, 2011

Mr. Man

Gabriel has been enjoying the weather (until recently, because it has been rainy and cold)! I have a lot of pictures of him at the barn, helping his daddy, and just playing outside in his car. Josh actually got on a horse for the first time the other day. I believe he actually enjoyed it too! We may have to have a farm one day. I could totally see us on a farm with horses =). I know it sounds more surreal than it is. Farm work is WORK! I would enjoy it though, because of times like these:






Gabriel's vocabulary is picking up these days. He has added, pizza, coffee, baby, and what's this to his list. He LOVES pizza! He'll see the box and say, "pizza, pizza!" The coffee word was only said once. He asked me, "what's this?" pointing to my coffee mug. I said, "coffee," and he turns and says, "oh, coffee!" It was pretty funny. He is quite the character and loves being the center of attention, but only when he is in a comfortable place. He is pretty shy in new environments! He is beginning to warm up to the church nursery, but still is not a fan. We drop him off at 9:30 for first class, he may nap for 30 minutes, and then he is usually playing when we pick him up around 12:00. We learned to bring his pacifier (I know this is bad, but it works so I'm going with it), and his pillow pet. I guess he feels more at home with these items.

We got him a car for "Easter" and he LOVES the thing. So far it has been an "in house" car. We really don't go outside much in our neighborhood ;). He just sits in the thing and enjoys every second of it. He tries to stuff his pillow pet in with him and that does not work out to well!




So, you have officially been updated! We love that little guy to pieces, and are enjoying his developing personality by the day. Oh, I forgot to mention that he loves making animal noises! For lion he will roar, dog he will bark, cow he will moo, and horse he will neigh. We pass the farm and he neighs (spelling?!). It is the cutest thing in the world! He also is in LOVE with horses. He says horse A LOT and loves watching them on the I Pad. We find horse movies on Netflix and he loves to sit and watch. He is a natural born cowboy and Katerina loves it ;)

3 comments:

  1. This might just be my favorite blog post of yours in a long, long time. I love it! My heart is overflowing seeing these wonderful photos and reading your happy thoughts! I love you Sarah-- Keep smiling & thinking joyful things! Pregnancy hormones can be daunting things... but this too shall pass.. Whatsoever things are good, think of those things :)

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a new thing for me. I didn't have mood swings with Gabriel.. I was happy all the time with him. Anyway, I am hoping the second trimester is a happier one! It is looking that way. I think I felt lazy during the first because I would sleep when Gabriel slept instead of getting stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my Sweet Sweet!!! It is amazing how fast he has been growing up lately! He tries to put words into sentences, and a lot of the time he is successful! I can't wait until the weather clears up again, I always love coming home to seeing G outside running up to greet us! He is so sweet.

    Love You all,
    Mylena

    ReplyDelete