Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Glucose Fail.
This morning I woke up at 7 (2 hours earlier than "normal") and went to the OB. On the way there I had a bagel with cream cheese and water. At the doc they gave me a Hershey Bar, sat me in the waiting area for an hour, and then took my blood and pricked my finger. I then found out I had failed the 1 hour glucose test. Yuck. The cut off was 140 and I was at 147. SO, three hour glucose test and fasting for me next Tuesday (again at 8 am). I'm already planning to bring my computer and designing a wedding album. I have books but it makes me more tired to read them that early! I'll probably sleep too. They should have a private room for such cases ;). Praying now that I don't have gestational diabetes. I never had a problem with the other two kiddos, but I guess I am a little older now and each pregnancy is different. I'm hoping it was the bagel/cream cheese that pushed me over the "edge." We will see. Just pray for me and that I don't have gestational diabetes please. The last thing I want is a huge baby....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had it with Danica. She was 8-3. Which...IS kind of big, but I DID NOT have it with Emmy and she was 9-8. :) If you control the diabetes well with diet or other methods if necessary, then the baby won't be too big. No worries!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tiffany! I can't even begin to imagine a 9-8 baby and your a tiny gal.
DeleteI had it with Drew and was induced at 38 weeks 5 days and he was 6lbs 15 1/2 oz. But I followed the diet very closely. Praying for you!
ReplyDelete