Saturday, September 10, 2011

38 wks and TWO days!

I had to capitalize the TWO because lately each day seems like another trimester ;). It is all in my mind because I know babies are "full term" at 37 weeks, and every little contraction gets me excited and jumping on my exercise ball! Like in my head I know she would be o.k. if born so why not?! Argh the last few weeks are excruciating! It isn't JUST that I'm huge, having contractions, losing a few extra fluids (don't ask if your not a mom already), not sleeping well at night, waddling because she is on my nerves, and feeling like a stretched COW, but it's that I want to HOLD HER! We have talked about her for 9 months, prepared for her, and wondered what she looks like, and now it is sooo close we can almost touch her! It's like the week before Christmas and knowing your getting something totally awesome. You can't open it, but you walk by it daily and wonder.. But even worse because, like at least with Christmas there is a set date in time that you KNOW you will see it! Argh again! haha! I just wanna hold my little babe. Gabriel is SUCH a blessing I just know she will be as well...

Melodrama aside, I am doing well at 38 weeks. I realize that I only have about 2 weeks left, and it will be worth the wait! Not saying I won't hope every day until I go into labor, but I have waited about 9 months and will live waiting a few more days. I am getting closer and closer every day. I have contractions, sometimes strong, on a daily basis. I have also been working on squats, keeping my posture correct, and pelvic rocks. All of these things are supposed to get her positioned correctly. You wouldn't think it would be so hard, but apparently posture and daily movements can dramatically change baby positioning. I'm hoping my new found knowledge of these things can help her turn in the correct position for labor and delivery.

Hmm.. I wanted to say more but I have since forgotten what else I wanted to post. Other than Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, it's getting cooler outside, and BABY WILL BE HERE SOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is me at 38 weeks:



Oh, and I made her lamp shades for the chandelier:




I'm just slightly head over heels for this gal already ;).

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth Kate, you were supposed to come this weekend little lady.

    I can't wait to meet you, a sweet addition!

    Auntie Rebecca

    ReplyDelete