


So it struck me today (as I created a contract for an October wedding) that I really don't have long to go before I get into the really uncomfortable stage of pregnancy. Probably another 8-10 weeks before I'll be singing the "get this baby out" tune. With weddings, getting the nursery together, and shopping for clothes (baby boy is growing like a weed and then baby girl needs some too) that time will go fast.
Elizabeth STILL does not move very much. I will be happy to see her little self (praying she is healthy), because she is so quiet. Maybe she is just mellow? I wouldn't complain. I just want to know she is o.k.. She sits in awkward places that make my back hurt on a pretty regular basis. By the end of the day I just want to sit down and do nothing. Although it does make me feel good to get out and walk. I've been getting pretty good exercise between weddings, engagement shoots (especially those in Wilmington), and walking Gabriel around the block. I believe I will end up gaining less this go around, but who knows. Yesterday I ended up with a mocha frappe from McDonalds and two chicken biscuits. I had THE most awful headache the night before last, and contribute it partly to hunger. I was a little hungry before bed, but it was midnight and I didn't want to eat. SO I woke up with a migraine from Hell (pardon the language, but it seriously probably did come from hell after the whole fall of man thing!). I stayed up for 2 hours before the pain meds kicked in seeing spots, rubbing my neck, and trying to keep the blood from shooting into my head. Then my tummy started hurting. Anyway, so when I woke up that morning I wanted the fattiest food I could think of. Bingo, McDonalds is 8 min. from the house!
In nursery news.....nothing has happened... Josh is reluctant to move his hunk of a mess in our room. I am too, but I am also getting a huge bump and still have yet to paint the trim. Actually the other three walls need to be painted, but I'm more worried about the trim because it is hard balancing on a chair, holding one hand over my head, and painting a straight line. I'm a little OCD about it too, so it takes a little while. My back then cramps up more. If he doesn't watch the time he is going to be doing it while I supervise. I hope you are reading this Mr. Barnett.
Anyway, I think that is it for 26 weeks. Two weeks until the glucose test, but no doc visits before then. Oh, I did have a meeting with a nurse at Cape Fear (thus the contract I made today. We got the job!) and she told me Cape Fear is getting a new mom/baby wing! This means my recovery room will be much nicer this go around. They are moving everything/everyone in August, so JUST in time!

I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to meet her!!!
ReplyDeleteAwww....Don't worry, Kate will be healthy just like Gabriel!
ReplyDeleteYou did a good job hiding your bangs, you hair looks pretty!
I hope you didn't think I was being rude about them in my last comment.
I hated my bangs too, but now they are basically grown out!
Love,
Mylena