

I went to the OB today and will be back on the 29th of June for a glucose test. Elizabeth is right on par with me at 24 weeks. The midwife says she will probably be a similar size baby to Gabriel (not too big!). I'm happy about that! She scooted away from the fetal doppler today as we tried to listen to her heart beat. We got it though, and she sounds good =). I have gained 12 lbs. This puts me right at where I was at 22 weeks with Gabriel. For some reason my 23 week blog said I had gained 17 lbs, but that doesn't sound right (12-17 in 1 week?!). Anyway, I'll just say I'm tracking slightly smaller, weight gain wise, than with "G." This is probably from chasing him around all day ;).
I have been pretty hot lately. It is 99 degrees here today and HUMID. That, I think, is the worst part. Even in a summer dress I want to die. I always forget how hot summers are in NC. Bleck!
I will post a 24 week pic tomorrow when I'm actually 24 weeks.
In Gabriel news. He received his last series shot (until teen age years) today. I say it that way because he still needs one more of the DTaP and Polio, but this was the last, and only, new shot. He got the PCV, and because of his age only needs one dose. I thought this one to be important because a large percentage of infant mortality is from pneumonia. the Pc virus is caused by the Pc bacteria, and is the most common cause of pneumonia and blood infection. So, I am considering this one for Elizabeth too. It scares me that it is a new vaccine (fairly), but I am watching Gabriel closely for reactions. Also giving him Omega 3 fish oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and probiotics for the next few days. This rounds out his shot record to: DTaP, Polio, and PCV. I realize the school system wouldn't accept this, but we don't have to worry about that ;). Home school is the school of choice for this family!

Go you for homeschooling! However, the NC school system is required by law to accept vaccine exemption forms, just FYI :)
ReplyDelete