Monday, May 2, 2011

19 Weeks... a bit late

I forgot to post 19 weeks because life has been so busy! Keeping up with changes/marketing at work, reading natural birth books in every spare moment, and keeping lil' one occupied takes its toll on my time. I find it super hard to believe I'll be half way there this Thursday! I have an appointment with my OB on Wednesday, so I look forward to hearing her heartbeat again. I had gone back last week for a 2nd ultrasound. They needed pictures of her heart that they were unable to capture during the first ultrasound. Hopefully I will not be paying for this! The price is $150 which would have gotten me a "specialty" ultrasound at Little Miracles Imaging here in Fayetteville; not a medical one to get heart pics that the tech didn't get the first time. I try not to complain, because I was so thankful to see my little miracle again, but I don't think I should pay for it. I just got a bill for $1400.00 from LabCorp. They say my medical insurance denied me on the pretense of me having other coverage. I believe Josh straightened this out,but it was a shocker to me that lab work is so dang expensive (and this is the routine stuff!). I can't imagine being self pay completely!

During the second ultrasound Elizabeth was rolled up once again. The tech says she is a little gymnast =). According to Babycenter.com she is a gymnast that weighs 10.5 ounces. Mommy has gained 9 lbs. SOO I'm tracking right along for that 25 mark again. By 21 weeks with Gabriel I had gained 12 lbs. I'm happy with this although I feel more out of shape this go around. I have decided to walk once a day again, like I did with Gabriel, and hopefully that will help.

Here is a picture comparison of me with the two babes:





Miss Lizzy was kicking her brother the other day while I read him a book, but he was not aware of it just yet. Soon he will be able to touch my belly and feel her. I think he will be most intrigued! Daddy and I are as we watch my tummy bounce up and down at night =). She isn't much of a mover, but we will catch her every now and again. I haven't been as "happy" with this pregnancy as I was with Gabriel (I guess changes in hormones), but I am still loving every minute up. There is no way I want this time to speed by. For two reasons 1. I will only be pregnant a FEW times in my life and 2. My little man is also growing up before my eyes.

Gabriel is talking away these days. Every once and a while when he is jabbering we will make out a word, but he just goes on and on with this "talk." It is super funny! Obviously he will say distinct words (horse, bird, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, Josh, Mena, etc.), but this trying to jabber in like complete sentences is pretty new. It's like blah..blah blah...blah blah.. horse...blah, blah. So cute! Speaking of Gabriel, he is now yelling at me from his crib. Time to go. Until 20 weeks (Thursday).

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!!! Lizzy is getting sooooo big!!! ;) Gabriel is such a sweet boy, he will always have a special place in my heart!

    Love you ALL,
    Mylena

    ReplyDelete