Wednesday, April 6, 2011

16 Weeks!



I'll officially be 16 weeks tomorrow, but I don't think much will change between now and then ;). I had an OB appointment today in which I found out I had gained 7lbs (thus far). I believe the chicken biscuit, hash brown, and ice coffee that I ate on the way to my appointment + jeans, may have contributed to this number. I feel like I could gain more this go around! I did, however, lose weight at the end last time, so it is hard to tell!? I am STARVING right now as I type. I am waiting for Gabriel to wake up so we can eat lunch. Baby Center says I should get ready for a growth spurt, and I think I'm feeling it already! haha! "In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces."

Baby has a heart beat of 160 and my ultrasound is scheduled for April 20th!!!! We hopefully will find out if Peep is a boy or girl at 9:00 a.m. on that day =). I am SO excited. I know the next two weeks will go by FAST and I'll try not to think about it.

I need to get my butt walking. I was worn out at the last 6 hour wedding. I am definitely in need of some exercise. That should help my weight gain too! Nothing much else to report for now. Gabriel is waking up from his nap and we are heading outside (his favorite place ever!). God is so awesome. I'm so happy I got to hear baby's heart today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Why are you worried that you gained seven measly pounds! You don't want your baby to be starving in there cause you walking and not eating good! It's going to come out to be a six pounder if you keep that up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mylena, I'm not worried I just don't want to gain too fast. Only because baby has not started putting on weight yet, and I don't want to have 50 lbs to lose. For me it's just about being healthy, not really "counting calories." I have splurged a bit lately and I just need to cut back slightly. Nothing big! Exercise is also good for me and baby. Baby only needs an extra 300 calories a day. Peep isn't starving, no worries!

    ReplyDelete