Baby number TWO is on its way!!!! I am 8 weeks pregnant today and will be due on September 22, 2011 =). Josh and I are thrilled and so blessed. God truly answered our prayers, again. Since I predicted Gabriel's sex correctly, I will come out and say I feel strongly that this baby is a girl. Honestly I would not care either way, we already have a name picked out and are ready for both, but it is a pretty strong feeling. Gut feeling if you will. I believe this baby will be Elizabeth Kate. I'll just get the name out there ;).
This journey began a few months ago. Josh and I wanted to begin trying for number two in November. We wanted the kids to be close in age so they can grow up together, and hopefully be best friends. Yes, I do not live in a bubble and realize it will be hard, there will be fights, etc. (remember my sister an I are only 14 months apart), but I also know that it was/is amazing to grow up with a close sibling! So, we got pregnant in December and I told Josh I was 99% sure that I was. I couldn't wait to take a test to confirm my feelings, so I took the one that was left over from Gabriel's pregnancy. This was 5 days before the end of my cycle. It went blank. The darn thing was bad. I guess that is what happens when they sit under your sink for almost 2 years! haha! So, the next day we went to Amy and Randall's house in Raleigh. She had a newer pregnancy test from her then current pregnancy (Kyleigh is now here and beautiful!). I couldn't wait to take it. She threw it at me, and I went to the bathroom. This is what we found:
This was 4 days prior to end of cycle and I got a FAINT line. We were pretty shocked and excited, but still weary because the line was so faint. Josh went out a few days later and bought me another test. A day after my end of cycle this is what we got:
Two strong lines! Yep, we are pregnant! So we threw on Gabriel's "Big Brother" T and tried to get a good picture. We failed. Maybe he was not happy?!
No, I just have a kid who hates pictures. Great!
So, there it is folks! I am not showing yet, but am starving ALL THE TIME. I also have major food aversions that I never had with Gabriel. I could eat anything with him. With this baby, I get half way through a meal and don't want to finish it. I'm hungry because I can't decide what I want to eat, and I gag if I force myself to eat something I'm not really in to. I really hope this all goes away in the second trimester because it is annoying to be hungry and not want to eat. Does that even make sense?! I also have to run to the "potty" (this is what we tell Gabriel we are doing)all the time. I hope to have Gabriel potty trained before the next one. Not because I want to push him, but because I don't want to afford the diapers :/. We will see if this works. I need to get on the ball (or pot if you will. ha!).
I hope you will enjoy my blog once again through pregnancy. This is what the baby looks like right about now:

Yes, it hardly looks human now, but in a few short months it will be another beautiful Barnett baby. I look forward to the coming months. I love being pregnant!

I am so excited that you are pregnant!!! I can't wait to love, care, and play with you new little baby angel!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO to sweet sweet and the new sweet sweet! I love you guys so much!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mylena
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!