Monday, November 15, 2010

Shot 1

SOO Gabriel got his first shot today. He got the Tripedia brand DTaP shot. This brand has the least aluminum and I was happy that the doctor had it. Gabriel did well, only cried for a few minutes, and has acted fairly normal since the shot. He has had no side affects that I can tell. I'm glad it wasn't an awful experience, I would have blamed myself. Continuing to pray it's the right thing. I chose this vaccine because of the Pertussis component. I was afraid if Gabriel got the virus (although probably not deadly to him at his age), he could spread it to an infant and potentially kill the infant. Before the age of two months babies are highly susceptible to Pertussis and often die after catching it. Anyway, I did it for my future babies and everyone else. I am also considering PC and HIB. These two bacterium are highly contagious. Although they rarely cause a severe problem, like meningitis, it is a possibility that a simple infection could turn dangerous. Anyway, more to come on that decision... Just thought I would fill everyone in! No pictures, he tore the band aid off already ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment