Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another First!

Gabriel is now pointing at the dogs and saying "Do!" He will sometimes finish with a "DOD," but hasn't exactly gotten the "G" yet. It is so cute to hear him try to say it though! It doesn't sound like the word "do" it just sounds like dog without the "g." Don't know how else to explain it. The word doe, like the deer, may be the best way to describe it! Video seems to never work. He always freezes when the vid comes out. I'll keep trying though!

Our lil' man isn't walking just yet but he is REALLY close. He stands for long periods of time but never moves those feet. He will walk with the walker but not by himself. He still LOVES to eat. He is putting the "ba ba" down more and wanting real food. He does really good with it. We have not tried the fork and spoons yet, but I did buy some today at Target.

In other news...Today was a sad day as Rebecca, Mike, and the kids left for Virginia. Ashley starts school in September, so we won't be seeing them much. Mom would like to go next week to visit but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go. We have had weddings every weekend for the past 5 months. It's been a busy year! Gabriel will miss his cousins. He very much enjoys little kids! Josh and I will definitely need to have a few more around ;). I am excited about trying again in a couple months.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Sorry they left! I know that must be hard. We've been away from family for almost 2 years now. I miss my family, but it's really good for us as our little family. I am glad that they are finally all together again too. I know that must have been hard! We'll only be here for a max of 6 more months, but let me know if you come up this way and we can meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it will be great for their family too. I pray they will really grow closer together! I think Ashley will have more stability as well...Only time will tell!

    ReplyDelete