
Well Gabriel is now -10 weeks and I can not believe it! I drove by the Halloween store yesterday and just had to text Josh and let him know the Halloween store was up! This means that our baby boy will be here before we know it!!! His reply was "tell me about it!" I think we are both nervous and excited all at the same time. As Gabriel's things fill up our house we realize more and more that he will be soon to change our lives forever. I also had my last birthday (26th) without children this past Tuesday. That was a little weird to think about but I hear that birthdays only get better with a little one in your life. Someone wrote to me on Facebook, "just think, next year you'll have a little voice singing happy birthday to you," and that almost made me cry =). I would be surprised if he could actually sing to me, at not even a year of age, but the point is thoughts of future birthdays are happy! Here are a few birthday pictures of Josh and I. I'm 30 weeks!


On another note, Gabriel's room is fully painted blue! It is super pretty! I can not wait to get the stripes/polka dots up although I see it as a daunting task ahead of me. Here is a picture of just the blue:
I'm loving the room so far =). I think the blue goes well with the brown and tan animals, so I'm happy.
Soo today at church Josh wrote, "Josiah" on his program and when I asked, "what's that" he replied, "the next one's name!" So before his answer to, "are you having more?" was always, "we're taking this one at a time, " and now he's already got his next sons name picked out. We looked through the Bible a bit (we were listening to the sermon too!) and thought Josiah King Barnett would be a good name for the next son =)! Josh referred me to Psalm 127 and pointed to the part that read "sons are a heritage from the Lord." I want a few girls but Josh said the quiver = sons! He is silly to say the least! I think he is just getting excited about holding his little boy. We'll see what he says after Gabriel keeps us awake and sleepless for months!
My mom celebrated her 50th birthday yesterday! We had a lot of fun cooking out at Becca's. She made hamburgers and hotdogs and I made the cake. I decided on a "Black Magic" cake from the Hershey web site. It was REALLY moist and every one enjoyed it. I am actually craving some right now but it happens to be at mom's house right now...They may have eaten it all by now? I'll have to call! haha =). I'll hopefully post some pictures of the party this week. We actually took the photos in JPEG so we don't have to edit them. We are realizing that RAW file family photos never get edited, so its smarter to take them in JPEG format. See, we are an evolving family!
Well, I think that is all I can drum up for today's blog. I have a doctors appointment on Friday so I'll keep you updated on my size and all that. I know I'm bigger when he actually moves up because my belly button pokes out a bit. So I think we are still on target for mid October. I'm still going for the 20th! Becca said Annabel measured a bit small too (belly measurement that is..Fundal height), so I think I'll just have a small baby which is great for me and the whole child birthing process =)~. "Nothin' but blue skies from now on," Love yall!

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJust cruising through your blog. Love the room, but especially the name. Naomi was going to be a Gabriel. Instead she got Gabriella for a middle name (gotta get some Italian in there somewhere). Love Josiah too, but my sister has used it (and so many others) that we couldn't pick it.
ReplyDelete