Tomorrow I go for my glucose screening test, so pray that I don't have gestational diabetes. That is one thing I don't want to deal with! I am lucky though because at my doctor's office they give me a chocolate bar instead of the dreaded orange drink. I have not actually tasted the stuff but I hear from many women that it is horrible. I'm not looking forward to getting my blood drawn again either. I've had more blood drawn in the past 7 months than my entire life. I'm getting used to it though. I don't have anxiety anymore before going to the doctor's office! Haha! I told myself that I need to be a big girl because I am about to have to push out a baby and that is way worse than a needle in the arm that doesn't even hurt =). I've made up my mind that an epidural is the way to go if I'm in serious serious pain. I don't see the point in suffering through birth when I can enjoy it a bit more. If there was a major risk to the baby obviously I would have a different opinion but there isn't much of a risk at all for anything. My plan is just to stay at home as long as possible. This way hopefully I don't have to sit in a hospital bed all day long and when I get the epidural I'm so ready that it won't slow down the labor.
Gabriel's bones are getting stronger, his lungs and brain are developing quickly, and he weighs about 2.5 lbs. I'm supposed to be counting kicks at this point. I want to ask the doctor about that tomorrow to get a better idea of how often he is supposed to move. Today he wasn't moving a whole whole lot so I started to worry a bit. He seems to be pretty active when I sit down though. Well, here I am at 29 Weeks:

Mom and I choose the colors for Gabriel's room, finally! I have a lot of work ahead of me because we have decided to paint stripes under the chair molding. I bought a piece of chair molding to get an idea of what it will look like and I'm really happy with it. I found a picture with the stripes I like and ironically the colors are very much like the ones we choose. Here is that picture:

I have not decided on the polka dots yet? Josh says I should do the polka dots too because they are easier, but I am still undecided. The plan is to put the chair molding up (its white), paint the top portion light blue, and paint the bottom portion stripes like the art project above. The hardest part will obviously be creating the lines in even proportions and taping everything off. I'm really not looking forward to it but I think it will look really nice. He can keep it for a few years too because its not a babyish paint job. I hope to paint this weekend =).
I also got busy on my shower invitations! I created one myself because I knew I could and I didn't want to pay someone else to do it. This is what I came up with in photoshop:

The information on it is not correct yet, so don't plan on the time and location at this point. I'll probably send these out late August so I'll obviously have a time and location set in stone by then. My sister wants to have the shower at her house although it will be thrown by my mother in law and some friends at the church. I will print it on blue card stock paper. I am happy with the way it turned out =). I was super happy that I found the elephant and giraffe clip art free on the Internet. The Internet is such a wonderful source for everything!!!
Well, I think that is all for now. Oh, wait, one more thing! Josh and I hung a picture I bought at Kirklands today in the kitchen. I'm really in love with it. I thought it would be like $150.00 because it is large but it was really on sale for $59.00! Here is a picture of that:

Hey, i'm sure the doc will tell u but i was told to lay down and count kicks. u are supposed to be able to feel 10 in an hour (all movements). If you can't, try drinking some orange juice and repeat. I have to do them twice a day so I do it in the morning while I'm still in bed, and at night when I go to bed! haha. I always feel them quick too :)
ReplyDeleteyea, she said just ten a day so I feel more comfortable about that now..I was getting worried but I know the little boogers sleep a lot! I look at Anna and imagine that the little movements that she makes are the same Gabriel is making. Its all so amazing!
ReplyDelete