Monday, June 22, 2009

23 Weeks!

So this post is about 4 days late but I had some news to type for the 23 week mark, so I'll be brief =) Gabriel is super active now and I read that this will seem like his most active time. This is because he has so much room to move right now. The books say he will slow down again around week 28 as he gets bigger and his space gets tighter. I am also getting bigger! Yesterday at church a lady asked me if I was sure we were only having one. I almost died because I didn't think I was that big! I believe she was confused as to how far along I am because when I told her I only had July, August, and September to go she said, "ohhhh wow, so you have been hiding it for a long time." So maybe since I am just now popping out people at church are not aware of how far along I am?! I hope that is the case at least. My mom did not help things yesterday though. She took like 4 pictures of me because she said I looked so big and she wanted to get a picture of me actually looking pregnant. Maybe it was the dress I was wearing yesterday?! It was a great Father's Day otherwise though...Anyway, here is a picture of me at 23 weeks:
I measured my belly at 11 weeks and I was 28 inches around the belly button, and at 23 weeks I am 32 inches around the belly button. So my waist has gained about 4 inches in just a few weeks time! Gabriel should look about like this next picture. He is more than 11 inches long (which explains how he can stretch and hit me on either side of the belly at the same time) and just over a pound!I have gained about 17 lbs now, so it looks like I'll be in the range of 30-35 lbs total gain, which is what the doctor ordered but still makes me feel like a heffer! Josh keeps telling me not to worry about it, meanwhile he is working his butt off with PX 90 and slathering on the tanning cream to look sexy without a shirt on! He did ask me when we were going to take the preggo pics, so I had a thought that maybe he has seen those naked upper body shots with the newborn baby and wants to look hot for that?! If he's losing weight for that reason I'm fine with it because its sweet, otherwise I think its mean of him to let me get fat while he gets skinny! Thats kind of a joke, I'm not really upset with him, but I thought it was humorous to share =).

In other news, I bought two patterns for the nursery bedding. The one pattern I will use for the box pleat dust ruffle and the other pattern for the bumper pads and comforter. My mom wants to plan a trip to Charlotte for the fabric so I want to hit there, Ikea (for a red dresser), and Baby Depot. I am realizing more and more that my time is getting short to get the nursery and bedding done. I only have 3 months! Why does time go by so fast? Before I know it I'll be at my sons wedding...Crazy...

Well, I'll be writing again in a few short days for 24 weeks. I am debating another ultra sound. I would like to get a 3D/4D one and actually have Josh there. I know I need to make up my mind fast b/c now is the time to get pictures of an active baby. What do yall think?! Keep praying please for Kara Kincaid. She will be in surgery 6 hours and will be on bed rest for WEEKS after the surgery....Love Yall!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to have randy come to the ultrasound! But I guess it depends on how much it is. It's a cool experience, but when you have to pay for them they aren't as fun! haha.

    ReplyDelete