Saturday, June 6, 2009

21 Weeks!

Time is going by SO fast! I went to the doctor yesterday, Friday, and she said I am doing great. We are right on target for our October 15 due date! I am actually measuring a week small but Gabriel is measuring a week big, so I'm still gonna keep with my October 20th date! We listened to Gabriel's heart and he must not have liked it, because he squirmed all around my belly to get away from the doppler fetal heart monitor. He kicked it once while moving which was pretty fun too! Josh and I are amazed these days because at night we can watch my belly kick up and down and roll around. It is incredible and weird all at the same time. I can imagine why women miss these movements after about 5-6 months of feeling them day in and day out. Here I am at 21 weeks:

I have gained 12 pounds and my tummy feels a little tight after I eat! I feel our baby boy kicking around my belly button now and I don't have to run to the bathroom so much anymore which is great. I hear that I will get that "running to the bathroom" back for the third trimester. Oh, here is what baby is supposed to look like in my womb this week:
Josh, the youth, and I are anxiously awaiting our Tampa, Florida mission trip July 5-10th! I believe we have finally determined who is going to go and who is not, the car situation, the money situation, and all the big stuff. Now it is down to the details. I got a bathing suit from "Pea in the Pod" for the trip! My tummy doesn't fully fill it out yet, but maybe it will in another month? I am beginning to pray for a safe trip. After the mysterious Air France disappearance I realize that vacations don't always go as planned. We will be driving the "Barnett" van, so please pray for our safety in the weeks to come!

I have been busy with brides and weddings but they are all very excited about my baby! Every e-mail I get now begins with, "how are you and baby?!" It amazes me how excited people get about pregnant women and their babies. It is an AWESOME experience, but you would not expect so many people to be excited in a society that does not seem to like children..Especially a society so accepting of abortion. I won't get into that in this blog, I know I went crazy last week, but it just astonishes me how on one hand pregnancy and life are so amazing and then on the other people so eagerly throw it away. I can't imagine ever EVER throwing it away. I love my little boy SOO much already! So much that I think about him and his safety constantly throughout each day. God is so amazing that he gives us life! I pray my son honors him in all that he does! All he has to do is live up to his name, "beloved man of God," and I will be fulfilled =)!

Love You All,
Sarah B.

P.s. Please be in prayer for Cara Kinkaid. She is Katerina and Mylena's age and they found an aneurysm in her brain. She will undergo surgery soon, so please pray for God's healing in her life and a sense of peace for her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment