Thursday, February 11, 2016

Week 36!

The weeks are flying now! I had my Group B Strep test today so I'll find out the results of that next week. I hope it is negative considering I've been on garlic, echinacea, and vitamin C + prenatal vitamin for the past 10 days or so. I'm looking forward to a two week reprieve of this regimen that, if I'm negative, I'll start again at the beginning of March. If I'm positive then there is no need because they'll give me antibiotics during labor. I'm hoping against that option seeing as though I would like to get to the hospital as late as possible (without having a dramatic birth in the car or something). Baby Hannah scared me last week because she dropped into my pelvis and my body was giving me a rough time. I had pressure and lots and lots of contractions on and off. I ended up going to the OB just to be sure things were o.k. and everything was fine. I'm dilated 1 cm and about 30% effaced. I was slightly worried about my water because I was Oligohydramnios (low water) at the end with Josiah. My water was great and I got to see Hannah again! She was so big this time that body parts took up the screen. It is much different having an ultrasound at 35 weeks than 18. It's crazy how much the babies grow! SO at this appointment my BP was great, iron great, measuring on target, and overall great health for both of us. I've gained 25 lbs exactly, so I'm looking at 25-30 lbs gained by the end of this thing. That is about average for me so I'm happy. Hannah has popped back up this week and likes to hang out under my rib cage. Like I probably could practically breast feed her all ready--she's THAT high. This makes sleeping at night fairly uncomfortable (sorry Joshua I know I keep you awake too), but it's almost over and I'll soon be sleeping with her by my side (eeek!!!!!)!

In labor news I've got my bag packed (mostly). I bought myself cute Pj's, slippers, and undergarments with the gift cards I got at my surprise sprinkle. I got surprised a week and a half ago with an amazing "Sprinkle!" I got diapers, wipes, butt paste, clothes, picture frames, body bath stuff for me, and gift cards. It was such a great surprise and so helpful as we prepare for Hannah =)! I can't wait to hold her and cuddle her and the kids are so excited as well. They love on her so much already. I literally can't wait to see them with her. Then on the other hand I'm trying to enjoy what "could" be my last pregnancy. I'm not saying it is, but I'm saying it "could" be. I've soaked it up and am enjoying it, but could also be o.k. with moving on with my growing kiddos. We will just leave the door open for God to work in our lives. Open hearts and open minds (because hey look how much we've changed already going from wanting no kids to having 4!). You just never know, and I've learned to be o.k. with that. I've got one of the best husbands anyone could ever ask for so having babies with him has been such a blessing. Plus my kids are pretty darn awesome!!!

Here I am at 36 weeks:

T minus 4 weeks unless she decides to come earlier (or later--blah, hopefully not later). 

No comments:

Post a Comment