Friday, February 19, 2016

37 Weeks!

I am actually pretty settled in to being pregnant right now. It hurts; she karate chops my pelvis and makes me limp, gets up in my rib cage especially at night, Josh and I aren't sleeping much in between going pee and moving because she's so strong when she kicks, and I can totally see her feet popping out the side of belly/side (I wish I could catch this on video but it's pretty random), but I'm settled down from a few weeks ago. A few weeks ago I felt "done" with pregnancy. I'm not sure why I got so antsy other than hormone highs and lows, but I was also super uncomfortable with bloating and just felt massive. For some reason my bloating has subsided and I feel way more comfortable overall. It is possible that my skin just stretched, but either way I feel good this week. This week I'm actually a little sad I only have a little over two weeks (or possibly less) to go. I know, I know I seem bipolar.
<--------crazy lady.="" p="" pregnant="">
I seriously have random uncontrollable emotions and could probably be classified as crazy, lol. One minute I'm done with pregnancy and the next I'm crying that it's almost over and I'm going to miss this little baby moving around so much. It hits especially hard when the kids snuggle with my tummy. Oh my heart melts so much when they give my belly kisses. Josiah and I spent the morning in the rocker chair with his head on my tummy. He pulls my shirt up and puts his hand and face on my belly. When he's done snuggling he pulls my shirt down and says, "bye Hannah." Then we have little Liz this morning who saw Josh and I's wedding picture (on the photo calendar for March since it's our anniversary month) and said, "mommy, that is when you were married? And now you have a baby. I love Hannah!" as she hugged and kissed my round belly. Gah-- tuck that one into my memory bank (tears). Gabriel also loves Hannah and enjoys chasing her feet and limbs around from side to side. He will find an appendage and place his hands on it and then she moves it quickly away for him to find it again. It's a fun game =). I really am cherishing these last few weeks. Josh had a dream she was born this weekend. It sure is getting close!

In pregnancy updates mommy and baby are healthy as can be. My blood pressure is super great, there is no protein in my urine, I've gained 26 lbs, her heart rate is awesome, she seems head down although she's "floating" still and could technically flip back, and the BIG deal for me is that the group b strep regimen seemed to have proven itself once again giving me a NEGATIVE result (WOO HOO!)!!! If you have been reading this blog you know that is a biggy for me just because I want to go as natural as possible. No antibiotics means I'm a bit closer to that reality. I also let them check me last week bc why not. I know it doesn't make a difference but whatever... I'm 2 cm and still about 30% effaced. I'm pretty confident I'll either go early or ON March 10. I'm still hoping for a multiple of "5" date, but God knows her birthday and I'll be a happy mom no matter when she is born as long as we are both healthy!

We are in the home stretch now. I can't wait to be writing the birth blog but on the same token am now enjoying this special time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment