The first year of baby's life include so many fun and joyous times. Seeing a person experience things for the first time is like reliving those experiences through a new set of eyes. The first smile when a banana is mushed between a toothy grin, the first grimace as cold ice cream sits on the lips, and then the desire for more as they reach with outstretched arms for the spoon. You wonder what they are thinking, and then, if you are like me, you think it is amazing that the human brain develops SO much in a life time. The same brain that you are born with, the one that is just wiring itself, is soon sending signals not only to eat or drink but to talk, move, explore, and wonder. It just fascinates me what God created, and you can really watch with amazement as a baby grows so much in that first year. They go from helpless, to lifting up, to rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking, and talking at a year old. Just a year, it goes so fast. I cuddle Josiah more, look at him more, and marvel at his life events more because I have now experienced how quickly they grow. Not just Josiah though, I've stopped to marvel at my other two as well. I just took it for granted with Gabriel in the beginning. I loved it, but I rarely stopped and just watched him. You know why life goes by so fast? I believe I'm figuring it out. We rarely just stop. We are always doing something. Between TV, electronics, radio, news, work, house chores, daily routine, and so many other distractors we just don't SIT and exist. As a matter of fact it often makes me anxious. I can't do it for long. I want to pick up my phone, read a book, SOMETHING to fill time. Sometimes though, as I breastfeed, I just sit and stare at the beauty sitting on my chest. Those are the moments that I can soak it all in. Those are the best....
So here were are at the middle of the first year, 6 months have passed. I started this blog to say that Josiah is now eating solids. His daddy and I love to watch him devour a banana through the mesh feeder. Love to see him smiling as we put a dab of Sweet Frog yogurt on his lips. He's enjoying all of these new experiences and tastes. Obviously he's still mostly breast feeding, but we do give him baby food now and again. He's indifferent to rice cereal, doesn't really like carrots, loves sweet potatoes, and really really LOVES bananas. He's still got those two bottom teeth and the top gums are pretty swollen. I believe they will be coming in very soon. So here is our little eater, my handsome man:
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment