Saturday, July 6, 2013

Life Lately!

I didn't know what to title this blog because I've gotten so far behind. I feel bad that I haven't logged Josiah's life events like I had with Gabriel and Elizabeth. Between the 3 kids, and work while they nap, I don't have much time. Our days lately are so full between play time, naps,photo shoots, working with clients, planning dinner, grocery store shopping, cooking dinner, breast feeding every two hours,sorting clothes (what fits and what doesn't), and family time that I forget to take a moment for me and write or read a book. I wake up with kids and go to bed with a baby sleeping on my chest. Sometimes I desire "me" time and then I realize that "me" time is family time. I am not "me" any more without them. I made it a point to go shopping alone once or twice in the past few weeks, but I only made it out about 2 hours. Even only being gone 2 hours I texted Josh constantly to ask what the kids were doing. Especially Josiah. He needs me more than the others right now and I feel empty not holding him. I snuggle him more tightly now that I know how quickly the kids grow up. It amazes me that my first born will be four in October and my littlest girl will be two in September. My baby is now two months and that blows my mind. Life is crazy fast. I know I say this often in my blog but  it is so true. So what is up with us?

Josiah -as I said above- is two months old now and weighs in at 13 lbs! My biggest baby yet in the 75th percentile. Everyone who sees him comments on how big he is. That has never happened before with my tiny 25th percentile babes! I have to say that Josiah is also my happiest and most content baby. The first 3-4 weeks of his life he slept so much that I was looking online for "problems." He seems perfectly healthy though. He just sleeps a lot! He is awake more often now and just smiles and coos. He also raises his eyebrows and opens his mouth up wide before cracking a full face smile. He is a true blessing! I prayed for a calm baby this go around and God certainly answered my prayers. I look at him and thank God for blessing us with this surprise (i.e. not planned by us) baby. It makes me wonder how many more surprises God has for us (haha). God surprised us with a baby I didn't think I wanted so soon after Elizabeth, but it's like he's been a part of our family all along. Josiah is a surprise I wouldn't want to live without. He's changed my life once again and I can't imagine life without him in it!


Gabriel is doing well too! He is SUCH a good brother to Elizabeth and Josiah. He is Elizabeth's "advocate" as Josh called him today. He tells us all the time, "Misa wants " He also shares everything with her to include his ice cream and candy. He is not greedy with her at all. His heart is so kind! His manners are also coming along although he is a little bossy. He whines a good bit too, but I don't want to get into the negatives. He's so much fun and his tender heart is something I cherish. He's also learning a Bible verse, Psalm 119, "Thy Word is like a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." It's so cute when he says it. I can't wait to teach him more. He's so matter of fact too. He says his verse and when you say, "good job Gabriel," he says, "yep" with a big smile. Oh, funny story... I was sweeping dirt into piles on our wood floor when he comes running into the kitchen. I say, "Gabriel, watch my pile!" So he literally stands over the pile and watches it! I don't know if he was being a smart butt or if he is just so "matter of fact" that he was simply following direction. He's a "hoot" for sure. Especially when he tells people things like, "I eat cow." Haha! I started a "quotes" book for him and eventually Elizabeth. Kids truly do say the darndest things. Like, "Josiah has sprinkles on his nose" while in the hospital as he held Josiah for the first time. The sprinkles he was referring to were the oil glands on his newborn skin.Silly guy!


Elizabeth is our bundle of energy. She loves her big bro and will follow him everywhere. She has even learned she and he can team up against mommy and commit "crimes" like unrolling the toilet paper, squirting lotion all over the floor, taking off toothpaste lids and hiding in the closet, and hiding mom's things. Then her favorite word is "NO," and she says it in such a cute little voice with puckered up lips. It's hilarious to listen to her sass her brother and tell him, "no!" Yes it gets annoying, but it's also super cute! She's got her daddy wrapped around her little finger and she loves on mommy when I don't have Josiah. I try to put him down during the day so I can snuggle with her. Sometimes it works and sometimes we have to listen to "Siah" (Elizabeth's name for him) scream. Elizabeth's new trick as of today is climbing out of her crib. Oh I can't wait until she is doing it consistently...not...Before bed she sings, "Jesus Loves Me" and that is the cutest thing ever. I can't wait until she knows the words.


Here are some pics of us lately:






No comments:

Post a Comment