The uncomfortableness of the last month has hit already. I feel like my skin is stretching, I can't easily put on the kids shoes, sleep is becoming more difficult, and I have contractions when I move! I "think" I've shot my last wedding because I'm contracting while I work, sore when I finish, and slightly swollen. I can't believe the end is so near. I have 4 weeks to go and I feel it snuck up on me. I am also having mixed emotions about birth. I think I'm remembering the pain of Elizabeth's birth and it's scaring me slightly. I need to probably read some of the "Birth Book" by Dr. Sears again and prepare myself mentally. I know I have to get my mind straight, and not be fearful, if I'm going to have another natural birth. So, I'll try to make this my focus in the coming weeks. I say "try" because life is so busy with the two young ones and work. Wedding season is in full swing. We are working every weekend, delivering weddings, and designing many books. Work is a great thing though. I am thankful God continues to provide for dad's family and my own. He has provided so much for us and continues to bless us. Josh got a bonus and a raise this year. We also were able to refinance the house for a lower house payment. Josiah was planned from the beginning of the world, and God had orchestrated every last detail for his arrival. It is amazing to me how God reveals his plans to us. Amazing to me how He created such a beautiful treasure in my womb. I am getting so anxious to meet Josiah Samuel. I joked he will get a ride all by himself in the car on the way home from the hospital. It will be his only chance to feel like an only child =0). haha. He will love his siblings though. They are pretty great!
My 36 week appointment is tomorrow morning. I'll have the Group B Strep test done and find out the results at the next visit. For the past few days I've been following a regimen of echinacea, vitamin c, and garlic as well as taking my prenatal vitamins. I can take a break after tomorrow for about 10 days and then it is back to the regimen until birth. That is as long as I get a negative test result. If it is positive then I'll have to be put on antibiotics during the birth anyway, so might as well not torture myself (and Josh...garlic is stinky!). So, praying for a negative test result and no antibiotics.
I'll take a 36 week picture tomorrow hopefully. Here I am at 35 weeks:
Your little Lizzie is so cute and I am happy she is feeling better. I can't believe she is talking so much.. You'll have to teach her the song "Aaamen" ----That would be sweet. Good idea about taking baby home by himself...had to laugh that it would be the only time he would feel like an only child....The kids are going to love their baby brother.
ReplyDelete