Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Belly Laughs!
Until tonight my "misa misa," as we have been affectionately calling Elizabeth, belly laughed! She has been such a laid back and quiet baby. I was just telling someone she has laughed, but hasn't really belly laughed just yet. That changed tonight! I was playing with her after she had finished her bottle, play growling at her and kissing her little hands, and she just laughed and laughed. It was seriously SO cute. It worked when daddy tried too. Maybe we'll try to catch it on video tomorrow. I love, LOVE, LOOOOVE having a little 7 month old. I could just nibble her up. She is so precious to me, and she can't run away yet! I can also say that I love having my two and a half year old (well, closer to three year old now). He has personality to go around and energy like a wild horse. I love it though. He is all boy =). We just have to stay on our toes and take him out to play often. Gabriel really loves his sister. Even though he'll tell her to "quit talking" in the backseat as she babbles, toss a pillow her way -at her head-, and steal her toys, we know he loves her.
Now about that talking thing. At this point, 7 months, Gabriel had said "momma" very clearly and concisely. Elizabeth hasn't technically said her first word, although I will say she does say dadddaddaddada, but she will babble away. That was something Gabriel didn't really do. It's amazing to me to see their differences in personality already coming out. God is truly amazing to make each and every child unique. I say that I can't wait until they can play together, but I'll probably eat those words when they are fighting constantly. I'm praying they will be best friends though.
We have been teaching Gabriel the Psalms and he is really coming along in his understanding. He is such a smart kid. He isn't much into the numbers, the letters, etc. because you can't get him to sit down, but he learns soooo much more. He knows how to work on his bike, how to put keys into keyholes, screw things together, and remember where he precisely put items the day -or even a few days- before. He is very mechanically minded. I definitely think I'll have a hard time with him in school getting him to sit down, but that he will be very intelligent. I can't say I'm necessarily looking forward to those structured school days, but they are coming fast. Life is going fast....
Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment