Monday, February 13, 2012

My little 4 month old!



I went to the pediatrician today for Elizabeth's 4 month check up. She is 24.5 inches long and only 12 lbs. SO, the doc is slightly concerned about her weight because the gaining has slowed. As I type this she spit up the meal (breast milk) I just fed her. When looking at Gabriel's 4 month stats I realize she is pretty small. He was 25.5 inches and 15 lbs at 4 months. The one thing I didn't like was the doctor automatically jumping to formula supplementing. I have enough milk to pump, so instead I'll just give her milk in a bottle after feeding. I get plenty of "extra" milk in the morning time for her. Anyway, so praying my little one gains weight for the weight check in next month. I'm starting fenugreek and adding more fats to my diet. I have lost quite a bit of weight and am not sure if I'm eating enough to sustain the milk production. I REALLY don't want to do formula :(. So, not giving up!

I just tried to give her a bottle 9breast milk) and she didn't want it, so we will see.. I'm not going to force feed her.

In other news, she is teething. Little booger is chewing on everything and will attack your hand in a minute! She is adorable though. Wild hair and all! Her hair is rougher in texture than Gabriel's and will stick straight up in the back. It is literally everywhere. I think she will have thick and curly locks for sure. Beautiful little thing!

Elizabeth HATES tummy time, so she isn't rolling over although she will twist all the way around in her chairs! I have to lock her in because she will also squirm out onto the floor. She is also very vocal. I do believe I will have a chatter box!

Gabriel loves his little sister so much. He wants to play with her and tries to talk to her. He asks her questions, holds her hand, and wants to give her kisses. He does have the "mine" complex with her every once and a while, but for the most part he wants to share his toys with her. I love seeing them together. They are such a blessing and I hope they are friends for life =).

I think that is it for 4 months (almost 5).

No comments:

Post a Comment