
I was a ball of emotions last week. I went from anxious, to slightly depressed, to excited, and back again. I assume my hormones are playing a roll in all of this because my face also broke out a wee bit. Today is a brand new day though and I feel excitement! I am accepting the fact that there is nothing I can do to make Gabriel come faster, and I am thrilled to know I am less than 2 weeks away from holding my son! So far I have no stretch marks and my tummy still feels like it could stretch a bit more. I go through spurts when it is SO tight I get really uncomfortable, and that is generally when I am moody, but for the time being I am fine. I can't imagine what people pregnant with twins feel like. I don't want to experience that honestly! One is enough in the belly at a time!
This weekend was a busy one for Josh and I. Sunday morning I thought my water broke! I woke up around 2:00 a.m. with a "gush" of fluid and then again at 6:00 a.m.. At 6:00 a.m. I called triage and they told me to come in. I was having no contractions BUT I have group B Strep (bacteria all people have but in pregnancy it flourishes. It can be passed on to the baby and cause severe problems after birth. They will give me antibiotics during labor to prevent passage to baby. I have it with this pregnancy and may not have it with the next.), so I wanted to get into the hospital right away IF it were indeed my water. Once there the fluid was tested twice and both times it came back negative for amniotic fluid. I did NOT pee on myself, however, as is now the new family joke! Its even grosser than that if you ask me..its just natural, but for me these new fluids meant a new experience that I wanted to get checked. It was also partly the prim rose oil that I had used the night previously. Anyway, too many details.. The doctor didn't want to let me go easy once I was there, so they had Josh and I walk around the halls for an hour. Josh and I believe this was punishment for coming in early (i.e. not in true labor). I do NOT want to experience getting sent home again! I am determined to be in true labor next time I decide to make a trip to the hospital! Today I am having that wonderful "show" as all other mommies will know about. I don't think I need to go into detail... But this means I could go into labor TODAY or any day now. It means that my cervix is opening and softening and that my baby boy will be here before I know it!
Oh, I didn't write about Josh yet. He is the sweetest man! Not often do I get to experience his tenderness, but at the hospital yesterday he was so amazing. He grabbed my hand and just comforted me as I was being checked. He also made sure to comfort me throughout the rest of the day. He would kiss my head and rub my back. I think it is hitting him that soon I will be delivering his son! It will be such a wonderful experience to hold our son together. I know Josh will be in complete amazement, and I can't wait to see that on his face!
Well, keep praying for us and for baby Gabriel. Soon he will be making a trip into this world that I'm sure isn't all together enjoyable for me or him. I'll try to keep you updated! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! Love, me!

I CANT WAIT FOR BABY TO COME.. I LOVE HIM ALREADY!
ReplyDeleteI keep checking to see a picture of your little guy! Don't feel bad at all for going in early! I hope everything goes well for you guys...and soon
ReplyDeleteYou look FANTASTIC! Can't wait for news that he is here.
ReplyDeleteNan
I heard from Amy. Congrats to you all!
ReplyDelete