Well the beginning of the 38 weeks was exciting but things have calmed down in the past few days. On Wednesday I had a doctors appointment and I was -2 station, 2 cm dilated, and 75% effaced. After the appointment I had contractions all day so we were sure Mr. Gabriel would be here any day. I continued to have contractions all Thursday as well, so we got my pictures done Thursday night. Friday the contractions pretty much stopped and I have not had any since. I have been walking BUT still nothing. I have been sleeping better the past few nights though, so that is one advantage to having no contractions! I got excited and then anxious, so I am trying to get "un excited" again and just wait this thing out. The time went by a lot faster when I wasn't excited that something might be happening.My next appointment is Wednesday of this week, so we will see if anything has changed. Tonight is a full moon but I don't think anything will happen at this point. The family and I went walking after Katerina's birthday celebration and that was really nice. I very much enjoy the crisp October air at night. During the day it is still hot but at night the weather is amazing! I am excited about fall. I LOVE the colors, I love the way I can decorate my house with browns/reds/and greens, and I love the cool breezes! If I could find a place that was like fall all year long I would probably move there =). I am also getting excited about fall festivals. The Gillis Hill Farm is having a festival on October 31st and I really want to be there. Gabriel will definitely be here then, so it would make for great pictures on the hay ride and festivities. Josh wants to dress him up like a plucked turkey for Thanksgiving, so that will be interesting..hahahaha! I'm kidding about that of course. We were joking because I wanted to dress him up like a candy cane for Christmas and he said, "well if your going to do that then we might as well find a plucked turkey costume for Thanksgiving!" Our poor son...he has no idea what type of dad he is getting! I am perfectly normal of course, it is him (dad) we have to watch out for ;)!
OH! Another exciting note is that I went to a consignment sale and found some wonderful items! I got a bouncer for $20.00 and a brand new (in the box) vibrator/rocker for $25.00:
I also got some great clothes for super cheap! I looked for the more expensive brands like Children's Place, GAP, and Gymboree because the Carter and Gerber are pretty much at every yard sale you go to. I originally bought a swing from the sale as well but when I got it home it stopped working! Mom and I brought it back and I thought I would splurge at Babies R Us and get a new one of those. I want the thing to work, so I used some of my gift cards and bought one that I really love!
Cathy and Morris, my mother and father in law, also brought over a high chair for us! I was about to put it together but then I realized that I was not giving birth to a toddler, nesting does weird things to you, and I didn't need to put it together right away! I believe Stitch is already a little overwhelmed with all the new toys around. He doesn't like that they make noise and he barks at them when he walks by! I can't wait until Gabriel is in the toys, I hope Stitch remains well behaved with children.
Pray for me and a safe delivery..now its time to sit and wait! If I have time I'll update on Wednesday after my appointment =0)!

No comments:
Post a Comment