
My baby shower was at 36 weeks and it was really great! A lot of people who thought they could make it couldn't, but it still worked beautifully. The room came together very nicely and the cake was really really delicious. Mom scared me with the first news about the cake because when she picked it up the top was squished and the first tier wasn't too stable. It was a HUMID day but we still didn't think the presentation was very nice. I had to live with it though and once we tasted the cake all reservations went out the window. It was incredibly moist and delicious! I got a lot of gifts but most were not on my registry so Sunday I went about bought a lot of the essentials. I am very very happy with my gifts though. I got blankets, clothes, toys, and "cutsie" items. I guess it is no fun for people to buy wipes, diapers, breast pads, light switches, etc.! They want to buy the adorable baby stuff =0). So that is what I got and I'll post pics with my 37 week post. I am full term this week (its Monday and I'm full term on Wednesday!). I go for my 37 week check up on Wednesday and then I'll be in the office once a week until labor. I am going to get my primrose oil and Rasberry Tea after my appointment on Wednesday. I am hoping that kicks my uterus/cervix into shape and I do not have to get induced. It would actually be nice to go into labor at like 38 weeks because as of right now I have no stretch marks. Rebecca says she got hers at 41 and 42 weeks before they induced her. With Annabelle she went into labor naturally for the first time and she contributes this to the tea and oil. So I think its very important that I start that regimen NOW!
I am no longer anxious about having everything done. I have everything I need to bring the little guy home! I bought bottles, nipples, diapers, wipes, lotions, powders, burp cloths, NB clothes, receiving blankets, blankets, and everything else I think I could possibly need. I also have our bags packed! His includes mittens, socks, clothes, diapers, and a cap in case he is bald and mine has everything + snacks so I don't have to waste change in the vending machines. I am getting excited! Now it seems it is time to sit and wait. I also need to get pregnancy pictures before I escape my very first pregnancy with no professional images. I am going to Wilmington for an engagement session on Friday so I may get a few shots there on the beach? I also want to schedule Becca to take some belly photos. I don't know how comfy I am about dad taking those. That is the last bit on my agenda though. Hopefully that will happen this week. I am starting to feel much bigger and am happy that I have only felt "fat" for the last week or so. If I felt like this the ENTIRE time I would be miserable. I am happy though and I am going to miss him moving around so much. Josh kissed my tummy on Sunday after our nap and I cried. It was the sweetest moment to me =)! I know when I see him kiss our son it will be even sweeter! These next three weeks will fly like the wind and that is if I make it to 40.
Here is another picture of me at 36 weeks! I figured the sassy face would take your eyes off the HUGE belly
Oh, I also made it through the Duke Chapel Wedding so all the worries are off and we are good to go for labor! It was a beautiful wedding, I very much enjoyed Duke Chapel!!! I think that is all for now, I'll be writing soon for 37 weeks (full term!! YAH!)!

Huge belly?!? no way! You look great! Enjoy your last few weeks of free time. I can't wait to see little Gabriel! Oliver said to send him a message..."Hurry up and come out! It is fun out here. We can have a play date!"
ReplyDelete