Tuesday, September 8, 2009

34.5 Weeks!!!

I told you it would probably be this week for the 34 week post! I had a BUSY weekend working with the hubby and dad. Saturday was a Barclay Villa wedding (always beautiful!) and Sunday was a Catholic church wedding. I worked hard at both, and the bridal party was pretty amazed that I could lay down on the floor to get shots and get up on my own. I was pretty sore when I woke up Sunday morning but upon moving around I shook off the soreness and got back to work for another 5.5 hour wedding. It is sort of like cheer leading camp when you are SOOO sore you don't think you can go on but you wake up the next day and do it all again. The body is amazing! Anyway, I took Monday off. Josh and I relaxed until late afternoon and then had lunch/dinner at On the Border, a coffee at Barnes and Nobles (YUMMY Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back!), and registered at Target. My baby invitations will only say that I am registered at Babies "R" Us. Target really does not have much in store, and I don't think people will be buying much for me online with only two weeks until the shower. I figured it would be good to register for coupons and I will go back later and get what I want. I'm happy for Babies "R" Us though, they have everything I could ever want/need!

It was a sad week for me because we got rid of our little Peter Rabbit. Josh and I talked about it for about a month and then he found someone at work who wanted him for her kids. I was and still am skeptical about him being with kids. Kids tend to hurt little animals...Not purposely but still. Josh told me he will diligently ask how Peter is doing since he sees this lady at work often, so that makes me feel better. Even though I didn't play with him much its still weird leaving the house without checking on him, feeding him, or buying him fresh veggies at the store. I learned a lot about him and his little quirks while he was here. We figured it is for the best though because we are already running out of room with just one baby. I would like to have another baby in about 2 years and when I found that rabbits live to 10 years or more in captivity, I thought it would be for the best to give him away while he is still young. Anyway, so that was pretty sad for me and is still bothering me now. I'll get over it I'm sure when Gabriel gets here and fills up all my time.

All the friends that I was pregnant with have now had their babies, so I am next! The last of them delivered her baby on labor day. Soo congratulations to Shelley, Tiffany, Amy, Angela, and Suzzanne! I was pregnant with several women that I knew from school. It has been fun for sure reading everyone's blogs and keeping up with their pictures! There are more pregnant now but they are pretty newly pregnant, so its not the same keeping up with them... Its just weird to know I'm next. I'm becoming a bit more anxious about the birth itself. I have sharp pains sometimes in my GI track (I guess because Gabriel is squishing my organs!) and those scare me as I think of those in relation to labor. I am not good with sharp pain. I am fine with dull/aching/squeezing pain but I can't do sharp pains. Mom has informed me that labor doesn't involve "sharp" pain, so I hope that is true in my case too. I guess there is always the epidural if I can't take it! I hear its absolutely wonderful =).

Here is a picture of me at 34 weeks:
I am amazed at how large my tummy is when I compare it to my 11 and even like 21 week pictures. I didn't realize how much I had grown until I looked at those. Really makes you miss your flat tummy! I'll have it back soon though and then I'll miss little David Gabriel in there moving around... I really do love feeling him, it is the most amazing thing in the world! He is hurting me pretty bad these days though. I walk around and my legs are numb sometimes because he is on my nerves. Or he will rub his feet in my rib cage. He is just getting too big! Its fine though, I read elephants are pregnant 600+ days and we, humans, are only at like 280. So, no complaints there! God could have made it worse! haha! I think you have to go this long in order to bond and then feel the desire to actually have the baby out. If I could have had him at even 30 weeks I would have been terribly sad I think with the "baby blues." Now though, now that he is hurting me and I still have 5.5 weeks, I know by 40 I'll be thrilled to be pushing him out! God is great like that, He knows these things and He has perfect timing =0)!!!!

My shower is in 2 weeks, yah!!! Hope to see lots of friends and family there and get some really cool gifts =0) Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Wait till your doing weddings at 9 months.....and counting :)~

    ReplyDelete