Hannah Banana is doing exceptional. She's growing like a weed, rolling all over the place, sitting up like a champ, can balance for a little bit in a sitting position, and talking. Looking at when babies generally say their first word, and when my others said their first word, I hesitate to say this but Hannah has been saying "momma" very clearly and very consistently. I did get it on camera once. Prior to saying "momma" Josh and I swear she said "Hi," but we never caught that on video and it wasn't as clear as "momma." Since the first time she said it she has been saying it a lot more. Mostly when she is upset she will say "momma," but she's also said it while reaching for me. She will sometimes say it while babbling but not always. Like sometimes it will be "mammamammama" but then others it is just "momma." Anyway, I guess I feel the need to clarify because she is so young, but then again she's been a quick study. I knew she would want to hit the ground running from all the movement in my belly. She never stopped --and still doesn't. She is a horrible sleeper. My worst so far. She will wake me up a few times in the night which doesn't bother me "too" much until about 4 a.m.. Around 4 she will start waking up every hour. So I'll be up at 4, 5, 6, and 7. Around 7-8 a.m. she is awake and will not nap again until about 1:00 p.m.. This nap if I'm lucky will be about 30-40 minutes. She will sleep another 20-30 minutes in the evening around the time Josh gets home. So she's napping about an hour a day when a baby should be napping 2-5 hours a day! It is different for me because my other kids were great sleepers. She is also pretty needy when she is awake. She will cry when I set her down. So I end up carrying her everywhere until dinner when I just cannot. At dinner I'll hear her scream for the hour or so I'm prepping/cooking. Although she's a "high maintenance" baby she is also a happy baby (just when she's getting her way I guess--lol). She has the most enormous infectious smile. Her ENTIRE body smiles. I say this because she kind of scrunches her body as she gives you this huge cheeky grin. Just the cutest!
No teeth just yet but the fussiness, drooling, etc. has increased yet again. AHHHH I hope it will be soon because she's killin' me. Her gums are swollen and I see the teeth so I'm crossing my fingers it'll be soon.
Here are some pics of my sweet kids. Hopefully I'll get some professional ones soon. We need a new family photo!
Hannah's first trip to the beach
Josiah on the sea turtle at Ft. Fisher
The kids got gifts from Great Grandma and Grandpa
Sister love!
When she does sleep I get photos (obviously)-- lol
Gabriel and Liz have been sleeping in each others rooms (aww)
Passed out! Obviously I like kids sleeping pics. They are so cute sleeping =)
Happy Girl! She sleeps with me at night in my bed (I'm going to miss her when she leaves), but she naps here.
Me and my girl at the park
My spunky girl on daddy's bike. Which he just sold... I'm sure we will have another soon (insert eye roll)
**More pictures later. My high maintenance babe just woke and it isn't acceptable that I'm sitting still at a computer...

No comments:
Post a Comment