We also got new bikes for the kiddos, so we've been enjoying days at the park:
I was told at the park that I'm great with the kids and seem to handle three really well. It gave me confidence that if/when we decide to have a fourth --and probably last-- that he/she will fit right in. I never thought I would have kids, especially three, but I feel richly blessed by these little guys. If I'm good with them it's only by God's grace. I have to pray for patience, understanding, and a calm demeanor. It doesn't always come naturally! I've also learned that any negative behavioral issues displayed in public should be dealt with at home if I want them to change. I can't get upset with them in a public setting for things they are allowed to do at home. So the same rules at home are applied in public and vice versa. This way we are all on the same page as to what to expect when we go out. It certainly makes life easier! I don't know how I got off on that bunny trail, but thought it was a good tip for mom's who may be struggling with being in public with their kids.
Back to the kids-- Josiah is ALMOST walking! He's our latest blooming walker at 14 months. He'll take a few steps and then give up and high speed crawl. I'm assuming within the next few days/weeks he'll be full out walking, but we'll see. He's probably been held more than the other two. I guess with him I realized how quick the baby stages pass and I didn't push him through like the other two. Gabriel I pushed because he was the first and I wanted to know he was "normal," Elizabeth I pushed because I wanted her to be the same as her brother, but Josiah I wanted to be a baby for longer. Until my recent urge to have another I thought he could be the last, so I babied him. I held him a lot! He's also more laid back than the other two, so it could just be him and nothing I did at all. Either way he's a happy little guy and my first cuddle bug. He literally gives bear hugs around the neck that are to die for. When he's sleepy he gives great hugs! He'll also fall asleep on people unlike the other two wiggle worms. If there was one adjective to describe him it's "chill." He's also got the rhythm gene like his big sister.
Elizabeth is a dancer. Turn on music and her and Jojo have a dance party. Gabriel likes to dance too but the rhythm gene must have skipped him ;). His form of dancing is pretty much jumping up and down like a wild person. Hopefully I'll get a video up here soon for ya. I think possibly my kids will start a band even if it's just for my personal entertainment- hehe.
Gabriel will be starting school next year, so I'm starting to look at homeschool materials. He doesn't like to sit down and learn yet, so I'm hoping this changes in the next year. He's incredibly smart and puts serious concepts together, but he just doesn't like "school" stuff. I told him if he doesn't start school the police would come and put me in jail. Hopefully that will be motivation enough not to give me a difficult time after next summer--ha. If it isn't motivation enough we'll look at other options, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
So that's our summer so far, pool time, bicycles, dance parties, and a little school stuff. Until next time!



No comments:
Post a Comment