Tuesday, October 16, 2012
13 weeks!
Busy, busy, busy explains me the past few weeks. I don't know if it is the hormones lately, the 3 year old, the 1 year old, or the constant time in the bathroom (or all of the above) that has made me nuts in recent weeks, but hearing a heart beat today made my own heart skip a few beats. Other than the sickness, not being able to breathe at night, bloating, and peeing every few minutes, I don't "feel" pregnant until I hear the heart beat. Then it is really real and exciting. The last few weeks in the first trimester have been somewhat of a tired/exhausted blur, but I feel a little energy coming back and THAT is promising. I absolutely hate feeling like I'm spinning my wheels and not getting work done, so the past few weeks have been a little hard on me. It's difficult enough cleaning up after two kids, but then add in having to nap and still make dinner, keep up with the house, and a full time job, and I feel somewhat like a crazy person. I keep telling myself second trimester will be easier. I can hope!
I had gained 5 lbs but lost 2. I am, however, way more out of shape this pregnancy. The plan when I get more energy (still hoping) is to do a little exercise like walking and leg squats. It takes a whole lot of strength to have a baby and I don't want to be out of shape in the process. Speaking of which (having a baby), I looked at birth photos today and I'm super excited to go through those emotions again. To see our new baby for the first time and give him/her love! Same plan as last time except my doula and midwife think it will go super fast, so we will plan on laboring in the chapel of the hospital (still "in" the hospital just not in the bed!).
Next appointment is mid November and then I hope to schedule my ultrasound! I'll be 17 weeks at my next appointment, so I should be able to schedule it within 2 weeks of that appointment (YAH).
One other thing I look forward to is those flutters. I love those =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment