Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fun day with the cousins!

I had to post today a few pictures of Gabriel with his cousin, Rachel. She has a very motherly instinct and LOVES Gabriel to pieces. She will often talk to him, coo at him, and rub his head and cheeks. Today she said, "I want to hold him!" I was a little skeptical at first BUT I let her do it and she did great!
She wanted Gabriel to smile for the picture too!This looks cruel and unusual but he was happy =). We are certainly going to miss the girls when they are gone...

Gabie baby is a little behind on the weight curve but I think it is because there are too many fat formula fed babies out there now ;). It IS proven that breast fed babies are typically more lean. Anyway, I have started to supplement his diet with formula, more rice, and more solids. The doctor made me feel like an inadequate mother, and even went as far as to put the stethoscope on his belly to tell me his stomach was growling and he was hungry! You would think the kid would cry if he was that hungry,right?! Ugh..Beside that point she made me sign the vaccine release form AGAIN. She also gave me a guilt trip about that.. Again, its not that I don't want to vaccinate at all, its that I want to wait! I am now researching all of the vaccines individually. I am reading "The Vaccine Book" by Doctor Sears. I also just found out another very important piece of information. Some vaccines are made with aborted fetal tissue/cells! They are now doing tests to see if there is any link to autism. Here is more information on that:

http://www.rtl.org/prolife_issues/LifeNotes/VaccinesAbortion_FetalTissue.html
http://www.cogforlife.org/
http://www.soundchoice.org/education.html

In other news, Gabriel is FINE developmentally.. he is sitting up, rolling over, and now rocking back and forth on his hands and knees. I think he will be crawling very soon! He will definitely give me a run for my money at that point.. Pushing buttons, pulling on wires, sticking things in his mouth..I can't wait! haha! Here are a few other pictures from the past month!

3 comments:

  1. I need to see him NOW! I can't take it he is so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love all the pictures that you took, but I love the 4th one the most:)
    I wish I could reach threw the computer screen and give him a big hug and Kiss! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox to Gabriel from me!

    Love,
    Mylena

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW they are to cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beautiful boy is so precious. I love him, I LOVE HIM :)

    ReplyDelete