Ok, the pediatrician appointment was yesterday and went well! She did not hassle me much about the vaccines this time. I simply signed a form stating that at this time I was declining vaccines. I was actually praying for an answer as I walked into the office. I wanted to give him the DTaP shot. Well, I had written down two manufacturers, from the FDA web site, who have NO Thimerosal (not even trace amounts), and asked the doctor to check which she had. Well she had neither, so I decided to forgo the shot until I looked up the company. Turns out the company DOES have trace amounts of Thimerosal but ,as most products regulated by the FDA, a trace amount can be in a product without the company having to list it in the ingredients. So, I will be ordering his shots at a later date.
I did find it funny that on the form I had to sign it listed all of the risks of not getting vaccines to include: cancer (I don't know how you can get cancer from not getting a shot but o.k.!), seizures, brain inflammation, the virus, etc.. So I had to sign against these dangers, but it just so turns out the side effects for the shot itself are the same if not worse! Why don't you have to sign that you know the risks of the shots to include: autism, grand mal seizures, brain inflammation, high fever, etc.. Anyway, enough about that...
Gabriel is rolling over both front to back (since 2 months) and now back to front (4 months). He is 25.5 inches long and 15 lbs. He is definitely teething and should have teeth pretty soon. He has little ulcers on the tops of his gums that I hope don't hurt him too bad.. I feel sad for the little guy! He is pretty happy when I get all his daily naps in and he is VERY active. He is now escaping from every chair I lay him in. I never had to buckle him in before, now its a must or he is on the floor. He is also trying to sit himself up and gets closer every day. Soon he will be crawling all over the floor and I won't know what to do with myself. All I can say is AHH, he is growing up tooooooo fast!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Grandma says, "I love to watch my little grandson growing everyday!" I love especially that he turns inside out when I talk to him...He already has me wrapped around his strong little finger. I am so weak...
ReplyDelete