Friday, December 11, 2009

Almost 2 months!

SO its almost been a month since my last post..I have definitely been a slacker on this blog. I have tried to keep the company blog up because winter is SOOO SLOW, but that takes time away from this blog. Gabriel is doing wonderfully now =). At about the 6 week mark I thought I would pull my hair out because he would cry NON STOP ALL DAY! I work with dad and he kept saying, "wow, that baby definitely isn't an Annabelle!" haha! Annabelle is my perfectly content niece who doesn't cry almost ever. I guess some babies are just born with "colic" and some are not. I like to say that Gabriel just knows what he wants, and he isn't happy unless he has it his way! At least he will be decisive. That is definitely not a trait he got from me if he indeed has it. Its good for a man to be decisive though and I would be happy with that characteristic in him. He is 8 weeks now though and has gotten over a bit of that non stop crying. The most exciting thing that he does is smile, giggle, and coo. I can not even begin to describe how he brightens up my life as he smiles and coos at me. I would do absolutely anything for him, he makes me sooo very happy! I wish I could catch him on camera smiling but I can't tear myself away from him when he is doing it. I just want to capture that moment and keep it in my mind forever!

Gabriel is getting a little chubbier now! I weighed myself and then weighed him and he is about 12 pounds! His next appointment is the 21st so then I will know for sure. I have to decide on shots by next week. I have been researching all of the different vaccines and their effects. I am a bit concerned that the CDC has the HPV vaccine on the list for 11 and 12 year old girls. This makes me question the other 40 or so shots they force upon us. Some things we have to take responsibility for. Little girls shouldn't be having sex and if they do they get diseases. Its God's punishment on the human race for our foul behavior. Aside from that, the vaccine has only been around for 2-3 years and we have no idea of the long term effects on woman. In yet, doctors can smugly say that there are no long term affects because, afterall, they know everything. Anyway, enough ranting.. Here are some pictures of my little man recently:
In other news, all of Gabriel's great grandparents have now gotten the chance to hold him! It is amazing how life works and how time just ticks on by. My grandparents were telling me tonight that they remember when I was a baby, like Gabriel, and now I have a baby of my own. This is why I changed my mind on having kids. I couldn't imagine being old and not being a grandma or a great grandma. How much joy kids and family bring to the lives of so many people! It would be a shame to miss out on such a blessing. I guess it just took having one to really grasp the trueness of the verse, "Children are a heritage from the Lord!" I am blessed beyond measure!!!!

1 comment: